! – Google Tag Manager -->
Delivering food, shelter, and hope to the poorest of the poor
In everything we do, Cross Catholic Outreach remains focused on the Gospel message of mercy. With our Catholic missionary partners around the world, we put Catholic social teaching into action by feeding the hungry, giving care to the sick and housing the homeless. As our ministry continues to expand, U.S. Catholic bishops are joining in solidarity with us to encourage us in this mission. In the past 12 months, a record number of bishops have testiﬁed to our collaboration with the Universal Catholic Church through endorsement letters.
– of the Archdiocese of Boston wrote, “Allow me to share my appreciation for the Cross Catholic Outreach ministry its bringing desperately needed relief to impoverished communities throughout the world, always carrying out this mission in service to the Catholic Church.”
– said, “Having served in South Florida for the past ﬁve years, I am familiar with the good work done by Cross Catholic Outreach and pleased to endorse the charitable work done across the areas of greatest need in our world… I commend the mission of Cross Catholic Outreach to invite others to join in their good work for the sake of the Gospel and would welcome receiving information about the Host a Priest program. In this missionary Diocese of Las Cruces, in one of the poorest states in the United States, I feel it is important that our parishioners recognize that, in the midst of their own need, we are all called to reach out to our suffering neighbors.”
– of Syracuse said, “Your organization’s heart for the poor is encouraging… The work of Cross Catholic Outreach is endorsed in the Diocese of Syracuse. May the Lord continue to bless your work… for which you have my support.”
– of Memphis, in his letter, said, “I am pleased to endorse Cross Catholic Outreach and your mission of mobilizing the Catholic Church to transform lives of the poor materially and spiritually for the glory of Jesus Christ.” “I thank you for your outreach to those who are poor and marginalized and live in the peripheries of our communities throughout the world,” said Bishop Daniel E. Garcia of Monterey, who concluded his endorsement by saying, “Thank you for the work you do and the service you provide to the least among us.”
– of Madison reﬂected that “despite all the progress of the 21st century, still millions of people across the globe suffer from lack of food, clean water, health care and decent shelter. The work of Cross Catholic Outreach, through Catholic missionaries throughout the world, answer these needs in practical and inspiring ways.”
– of Saginaw said, “Jesus, in the Sacred Scriptures, has challenged us to seek ways to attend to the needs of the poor. The Lord is the one who ‘hears the cry of the poor’ and calls us to minister to them in his name. Your ministry embodies the Gospel mandate to love our neighbor.”
– of the Diocese of Richmond wrote, “I am grateful for your collaboration with the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development. Your work provides vital resources to all those you serve as you respond to the call of the Gospel and Pope Francis.”
– of Biloxi wrote, “Your ministry to the poorest of the poor worldwide is an admirable response to the call of Pope Francis to remember the poor and show them God’s love.”
“It’s encouraging to see your outreach to the poor throughout the world. It’s touching hearts and changing lives. I take this opportunity to commend Cross Catholic Outreach for providing food for the hungry, medicines for the sick and housing for the homeless in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa,” said Bishop Joseph Brennan of the Diocese of Fresno.