Position Title: Community Transformation/Projects Liaison Officer
Department: Projects Department
Report to: International Projects Manager
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred. French and/or Creole a plus.
- Two or more years of experience in relief/development project oversight or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Demonstrate foreign cultural awareness/sensitivity
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy when interfacing with varying levels of staff
- Ability to work well in team environments
- Strong communication and documentation skills (both oral and written)
- Possess a high degree of computer literacy with ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Past experience in database management is a plus, but not required
- High aptitude for problem-solving and ability to identify creative solutions to help meet ministry field partner needs
- Highly detail-oriented with an ability to manage large volumes of data with great accuracy
- Strong program conceptualization and strategic planning skills; ability to advise ministry partners on design and management of multi-sectoral projects
- Budgeting experience
- Experienced traveler, with knowledge of basic international travel requirements/guidelines. Position requires approximately 20% international travel
The Community Transformation/Projects Liaison Officer (CT/PLO) performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
Integral Human Development and Program Oversight
The CT/PLO participates in the planning of Community Transformation initiatives, including the promotion of Integral Human Development in the countries that receive assistance from CCO. This position requires ability to think strategically to assist the organization in meeting its Strategic Objectives as they relate to Integral Human Development. In addition, he or she provides assistance to International Projects Manager (IPM) in tasks related to the monitoring of ongoing overseas projects. The CT/PLO provides verbal and written reports on current project activities to the IPM; works closely with in-country partners and locally with Projects staff and the International Projects Director (IPD) to ensure accurate and timely reporting; helps prepare annual budgets; collaborates with the Gifts-in-Kind (GIK)/Shipping staff to ensure integration of GIA and GIK programming, as well as expeditious transport of needed GIK to partners in designated countries. The incumbent also may be assigned full oversight responsibility for at least one country program once he/she has demonstrated the capability to assume such responsibility to the satisfaction of the IPM and IPD.
Project Liaison (Facilitation of Information)
The CT/PLO serves as the primary point-of-contact within the Projects Team for the informational needs regarding Promotion of Integral Human Development initiatives of the various fundraising departments within Cross. The CT/PLO liaises between the Projects Department and all fundraising departments, as necessary, to help facilitate select project information aimed at satisfying donor inquiries and meeting fundraising goals; responds to requests for information as they arise by researching, gathering, organizing, presenting, and storing information for past or current projects; employs effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines; represents the Projects Team in meetings with development and marketing departments.
Data and Task Management
The CT/PLO frequently communicates with the Marketing and Development departments, especially Major Donors and Foundations/Government Grants, to be adequately informed on requests and deadlines, devise plans to optimize staff performance, and follow-up with the IPM and IPD to ensure proper management of data and pending tasks. In addition, he or she works in collaboration with the IPM and other Projects Department staff to ensure the necessary research is conducted to capture essential project information and complete Fact Sheets for past and current projects; works closely with Projects staff members and necessary departments to help ensure that the project information gathered is accurate and electronically formatted in such a way that it will facilitate populating a future Projects Data Management System.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.