Position Title: Development Support Sr. Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Development
The Development Support Sr. Manager will coordinate the marketing and fundraising needs of all of the Development departments (Major Donors, Special Events, Parish and Community Services, and Planned Giving), working with the Communications and Online Marketing departments to promote the Development team’s various campaigns and initiatives to the public.
Education or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Not-for-profit experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Work with senior staff, to formulate, maintain and coordinate the strategic marketing perspective for development teams — based on knowledge of established objectives, target market characteristics, and budget factors
- Act as primary point person for the development teams with the communications, online, and fulfillment departments
- Ensure that all development marketing pieces reflect Cross’ standards of honoring God in all we do as well as highlighting our commitment to integral development to all constituencies, both internal and external
- Coordinate and review all of the Development and Acquisition department’s marketing campaigns and initiatives with a calendar that is shared with the companies on a regular basis
- Request, review and coordinate High Touch proposals for the major donor team and the VP for Development
- Set up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities
- Plan, develop, and deliver campaigns within established timeframes
- Work with directors to analyze campaign results to ensure marketing pieces reap highest returns
- Assist the VP for Development when necessary in chairing a committee comprised of members from the development team to share initiatives, marketing ideas and ways the teams could have synergy, and share best practices
- Assisting development directors with day to day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested
- Develop and oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy while maintaining editorial control (to ensure it meets the needs of internal client and branding goals) for each program – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Partner with the company’s fundraising team; enabling them to meet their financial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations while aligning with company strategy
- Work with Online Marketing Manager to develop social media strategy to increase presence and donor engagement
- Spearhead continuous analysis of competitive environment and donor trends and apply to strategic goals of the company
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and internal and external vendor expenses
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Donor trends and markets – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and forecasts to achieve organizational objectives for fundraising and engagement
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all company collateral, promotional materials, and events
- Directs marketing research and development
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordination; project management; process improvement; initiative planning; financial skills; writing and editing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management
- Must have strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s mission
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.