Position Title: Gift Planning Assistant
Department: Gift Planning (Planned Giving)
Reports to: Senior Director of Gift Planning
Educational or Certification Requirements: High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: Minimum five years of relevant work experience; training and experience with fundraising software.
The Gift Planning Assistant is responsible for organizing and managing the department’s administrative services, including phone calls, budgets, data, records, supplies and logistics. The assistant will work closely with other department staff and CCO colleagues to effectively communicate and promote the CCO mission and the department’s goals to a nationwide customer audience of prospects, donors, advisors, attorneys and partners. This position will be located in Pompano Beach, FL.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Commitment to Catholic fundraising principles.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly-confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a development team.
- Ability to effectively communicate CCO’s mission and goals to prospects, donors, advisors, attorneys and partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to respond adeptly to changing priorities and to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, and preferably also in Spanish.
- Database management skills and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintains the department’s records and supplies. Prepares and updates the department’s files and reports regarding all customers-prospects, donors, advisors, attorneys and partners.
- Administer the department’s communications with all customers, including information requests, targeted mailings, parish bulletins and bequest follow-up.
- Assist with the charitable gift annuity program and correspondence with prospects, donors and partners.
- Assist Senior Director with department’s budgets/expenditures and travel planning/logistics.
- Researches and uses touch points and other information for prospect cultivation and donor stewardship.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of department’s data and website information.
- Represent department for marketing implementation and NetForum issues/training.
- Organize parish bulletins by sorting advisors and attorneys; includes updating excel spreadsheet.
- Participate in spiritual development through morning book/bible studies.
- Handle other duties assigned by Senior Director, including assistance to other departments/colleagues.
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.