Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Parish & Community Services (PCS)
Reports to: Assoc. Director, Business Development for PCS
The Administrative Assistant is responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions of the Church, School & Community Development Department, as well as providing high quality and timely administrative coordination and support to the Director, Managers and Development Officers.
Administrative Assistants are important members of the fundraising team. Although they do not have responsibility for fundraising, they play an important role in maintaining good customer relationships by acting as an extension of the development team. This position requires excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills, together with an ability to deliver high standards of customer service. They maintain records as a basis for reports to the management team. They also provide information to the development and logistics teams on incoming and completed orders as a basis for forecasting progress toward goals.
To help the development team improve their productivity and spend more time fundraising, Support Coordinators provide a variety of services. They may contact donors to confirm shipping information or make follow-up calls to confirm orders or delivery dates, or resolve any customer issues. They ensure that the development team has sufficient quantities of campaign materials. Administrative Assistants may also act as a first point of contact for urgent calls, emails and messages when development team is not available.
Collaboration with other departments is an important responsibility for Administrative Assistants. To ensure that fundraising, fulfillment and logistics activities are integrated, they work closely between these teams.
- Present a professional, welcoming contact to CSCD staff, inter-department staff, and donors – by phone, in person, and email.
- Responsible for development & implementation of efficient office procedures.
- Responsible for organizational functions and general meeting support: including data collection, follow up calls, maintaining records, copying & faxing.
- Responsible for outgoing mail and shipping.
- Responsible for managing supplies and maintenance of storage areas.
- Maintain mailing lists, email lists, and data.
- Assist with mailings and packets.
- Conduct internet and/or phone research for lists, supplies, information, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with non-profit organizational administrative systems preferred.
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.
- Computer literate including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, web.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.