Position Title: Administrative Assistant to the Outreach Priest Department
Department: Outreach Priest (PCS)
Reports to: Director, Outreach Priest (PCS)
The Administrative Assistant to the Outreach Priest Department is responsible for ensuring day to day operation of the department, including but not limited to, processing of the Outreach Priest Payroll; processing of Outreach Priest expenses; data entry; assignment tracking, creation, maintenance and evaluation of a variety of reportage, i.e. monthly and fiscal year reports for each of 50+ Outreach Priests, 90-day reports; OP gift reports etc., receipt/scanning of OP and Pastor Evaluation reports as well as performing Quality Control as it pertains to the OP department.
This role interfaces daily with the PCS coordinators to ensure accurate brochure counts designated for each OP assignment; the Accounting Department ensuring timely reimbursement of OP expenses; liaisons with outside vendors such as Merkle with regard to speaker packages; diocesan chancery offices for follow up of Virtus and Child Protection certificates for each OP; international diocesan offices; Donor Administration; Fulfillment department; Communications department as updates to OP-related pages and OPs are necessary; and other departments as necessary.
The OP Administrative Assistant also provides support with CCO’s recurrent OP Recruitment effort, assembling materials sent to OP candidates; collecting appropriate paperwork from each candidate; scheduling interview with the OP recruitment team, Executive management and Human Resources. Arranges hotel and transportation accommodations when necessary.
The OP Administrative Assistant also produces the monthly Outreach Priest Newsletter in Publisher, oversees the collection of articles to be included; provides deadlines to all CCO departments and maintains receipt of content in a timely fashion; suggests relevant OP-related content and performs the ultimate distribution of the newsletter to the OP group and other departments on a need-to-know basis.
Additional duties cover support to the OP Director with regard to the administration of OP retreats, conferences; arranging accommodations & transportation, marketing materials, etc.
This position requires excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills, together with an ability to deliver high standards of customer service, especially across daily telephone and email communication with more than 50 Outreach Priests. This position maintains an organized filing system; attends to a variety of record-keeping, much of which includes the handling of sensitive information, and discretion is necessary.
- Present a professional, welcoming contact to CSCD staff, inter-department staff, and donors – by phone, in person, and email.
- Responsible for development & implementation of efficient office procedures.
- Responsible for organizational functions and general meeting support: including data collection, follow up calls, maintaining records, copying & faxing.
- Responsible for outgoing mail and shipping.
- Responsible for managing all OP supplies and maintenance of their intended storage.
- Maintain mailing lists, email lists, and data.
- Assist with mailings and packets.
- Conduct internet and/or phone research for lists, supplies, information, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Payroll and Expense Report preparation is desirable.
- Proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Non-profit organizational experience a plus.
- Experience with non-profit organizational administrative systems preferred.
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.
- Computer literate including creation of and maintenance of spreadsheets, utilization of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook e-mail, and web.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.