Position Title: Assistant Video Editor
Department: Communications & Creative Services
Reports to: Video Producer & Lead Editor
Position Summary: Cross Catholic Outreach is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Assistant Video Editor (AVE) to support our growing demand for more visual storytelling content and videos to supporting ongoing acquisition and fundraising opportunities. The AVE will work closely and under the supervision of the Video Producer and Lead Editor to develop multiple video projects for different marketing initiatives in social media, email marketing and other delivery channels. The selected candidate will also provide administrative support for any video/digital-related activities.
*** Please include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background ***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creatively edit video to match the approved creative concept and vision;
- Work with existing video assets to customize or repurpose them for various channels or deliverable needs;
- Assist in all aspects of post-production, from setup to basic graphics with the goal of producing the final cut of a video to deliver to a client;
- Assist in the development of scripts and development of shot lists;
- Reconcile and code invoices from hired freelancers;
- Transcribe and translate audio files as needed;
- Shoot video for organization’s events or meetings as needed;
- Promote availability of digital media catalog/resources within various fundraising efforts;
- Record audio bites as needed.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle intermediate level “finishing” stages of an edit, including music editing, color-correction, audio mixing, applying After Effects motion graphics templates (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
Associates’ degree in Multimedia Journalism, Cinematography, Photography or Communications or any combination of training and/or experience equivalent to such fields. Marketing and/or nonprofit organization experience is a plus and strongly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Expertise in all editorial tools of the trade, including (but not limited to) Premiere and After Effects;
- 1-3 years of production experience with the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledge of other tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition;
- Knowledge and understanding of editing, color-correction, audio, text & graphic elements;
- Knowledge/familiarity with the teachings and values of the Catholic Church to help promote effective content;
- Previous work with file structure and a strong sense of organization;
- Experience designing basic motion graphics such as title cards and lower thirds;
- Has a wide range of editorial techniques and styles to build any kind of story, and strong editorial decision-making ability to cut quickly when working with creatives and producers in real time;
- Experience in field producing and shooting;
- Knowledge of DSLR and mirrorless cameras;
- Bilingual English/Spanish or Haitian Creole preferred but not required;
- Great interpersonal communications skills;
- Positive service-oriented attitude and proven team player;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment;
- Highly organized, highly detail oriented;
- Problem-solving skills and ability to overcome challenges as they arise;
- Must be able to travel both internationally and domestically throughout the year;
- Must be able to lift and carry camera equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.