Position Title: Benefits & Compensation Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Benefits & Compensation Specialist is responsible for the overall development, delivery and management of compensation and benefit programs for Cross Catholic Outreach based on cost effectiveness and competitive practices. Will serve as a primary resource of information, problem solving and communication in all areas pertaining to compensation and benefits including retirement plans. This individual will ensure these programs are consistently administered in compliance with Cross’s polices and government regulations.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Health Administration, Business, Human Resources) or equivalent benefits and compensation related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience with ADP system is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in employee benefits procedures or related fields
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, strong research capabilities, excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have compensation and benefits experience such as 401K and various insurance plans.
- Experience with self-insured medical plans a plus.
- Experience with general HR functions
- Working knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, PPACA and HIPPAA regulations.
- Team player
- Nonprofit experience, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required / Preferred:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Adept analytical skills
- Ability to operate and maintain professional demeanor within a fast paced, multi-priority environment
- Hands on experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Strong time management skills with the ability to establish reasonable timelines and meet deadlines
- Experience with human resource systems, 401k systems and payroll systems, required
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude when dealing with people within and outside of Cross Catholic Outreach.
- Benefits & Compensation Specialist is a “key” member of the organization’s human resources team. Must be able to operate with the executives, management, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- “Point-of-contact” for all compliance, compensation, and benefit broker/advisor/service provider relationships related to human resource matters.
- Ensuring compensation and benefits plans are cost-effective and competitive
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Administer and manage employee insurance, retirement, flex plans, and 401(k) plans.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities related to group health and welfare plans, including medical, dental, vision, met life, and other flexible fringe benefits.
- Work closely with outside providers to ensure that health and welfare and retirement plan benefits are communicated to employees, including coordinating open enrollment, contract renewals, communication materials, etc.
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks
- Leads accident and injury reporting and management for workers’ compensation matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization. www.CrossCatholic.org
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
About Cross Catholic Outreach:
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Catholic relief and development organization working in more than two dozen developing countries. In addition to providing material aid such as food, clothing, shelter and medicines, Cross Catholic supports ongoing programs that help the poor lift themselves out of poverty and thus break its vicious cycle. We ensure that the aid reaches those who need it the most by working together with local priests, missionaries, and churches around the world. For more information, visit www.CrossCatholic.org.
We mobilize the global Catholic Church to transform the poor and their communities materially and spiritually for the glory of Jesus Christ.