Position Title: Development Officer
Department: Parish & Community Services (PCS) Department
Reports to: PCS Sr. Director and Business Development Manager
Educational or Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience Requirements: Minimum 5 years of successful fundraising experience for a non-profit or equivalent experience in a related field with field sales or territory management.
Characteristics: Flexible, adaptable, results-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, creative, quick learner, positive attitude, proven team player.
This position will be a remote position in either Dallas, Texas or Houston, Texas. The Development Officer is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from assigned donors in the Catholic community through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Partners closely with the Sr. Director and PCS Managers to provide support in the areas of Box of Joy ministry, parish and school initiatives, event fundraising, community engagement and project support through parishes, organizations and schools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- A sound working knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively with donors and as part of a team;
- Possess understanding and knowledge of the Catholic Church and hierarchy;
- Sensitive to ecumenical fundraising;
- Proven experience in fundraising, strategic planning and execution of campaigns;
- Proven ability to work with donors and as part of a development team;
- The ability to comprehend and effectively communicate CCO’s mission to donors;
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in effectively communicating CCO’s projects and goals;
- Commitment to Christian-based fundraising;
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, as well as superior interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills;
- Familiarity with donor/customer database management and online fundraising tools.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to be an effective team member, motivator and team leader;
- Extensive travel internationally and domestically for meetings, donor visits and events;
- Ability to accompany donors and staff on international vision/mission trips to visit CCO projects in developing countries.
- Initiate, cultivate and develop relationships, creating in depth profiles on specific parishes, schools, groups, corporations and foundations regarding potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest and other organization affiliations;
- Assist Sr. Director, PCS Managers and Development team to develop and implement programs to support initiatives;
- Represent the department in meetings, conference, events where necessary;
- Responsible for the cultivation and management of active donors – some existing donors and others with identified potential – with the goal of increasing financial support through regular communications (phone calls, emails, blogs, and written correspondence);
- Manage the identification, evaluation, and cultivation of prospects, and assist in the stewardship plan of donors once they have made a commitment;
- Meet or exceed the expected level of donor activity each week and month, i.e., number of calls, asks, personal correspondence, etc.;
- Achieve personal annual revenue goals and assist in meeting departmental goals;
- Uphold established department protocols related to donor records, including documenting interactions with parish, schools, churches and donors;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.