Position Title: Digital Content Writer
Department: Communications & Creative Services
Reports to: Manager of Communications
Position Summary: Cross Catholic Outreach is seeking a motivated and strong content writer who will communicate our ministry’s passion for serving the poor in Christ’s name. Ideal candidate must be able to write, produce and publish effective and targeted marketing content for a variety of audiences while maintaining our ministry’s “voice”, brand and core values. As a member of our Communications & Creative Services team, you will develop inspirational and mostly digital-based content for our digital platforms (landing pages, pillar pages, etc.), email blasts and blogs. You will work closely with our team of in-house staff writers, editors and internal stakeholders to optimize existing content for a digital audience. On occasion you may also be required to write a variety of other formats such as fundraising proposals, donor updates, letters, etc.
To be successful in this role, candidates should have experience with digital writing/optimization and generating traffic and leads for new engagement through written content and presentation. Ultimately, the selected candidate will help us reach our target audiences by delivering both useful and appealing digital information about our ministry.
If you are a committed Christian excited by the prospect of working in a faith-infused office environment, participating in daily staff devotions and promoting Christ-centered relief and development projects, send us your resume today!
*** Please include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background ***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide insightful, targeted, effective, faith-minded writing on a regular basis in a variety of formats – mostly digital;
- Research, write, and execute marketing and fundraising tools, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with corporate identity, brand messaging and Cross-Style handbook;
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to ensure maximized effect of communications and digital campaigns;
- Regularly review results/analytics to improve value of future donor communications;
- Meet tight deadlines with extreme attention to detail;
- Select photos and other pertinent material to enhance writing. Work with graphic designers to create effective content as required;
- Engage in on-going research on global issues related to Cross, Christianity, poverty, donor behavior dynamics, etc. for Cross’ websites;
- Provide support to all departments to ensure that all material reflects cohesive & consistent “voice” of Cross;
- Proof and edit all of own written communications;
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement;
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results;
- Publish content on a variety of digital platforms, including but not limited to, social media, HubSpot, WordPress, etc.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to creative brainstorming to produce unique and engaging campaigns;
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content;
- Conduct interviews with Cross ministry partners and beneficiaries to gather fodder and human interest stories.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
Associate’s degree in English, Multimedia Journalism, Communications, Marketing and/or non-profit organization experience is a plus and strongly desired, but not required for this role.
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, especially with digital platforms;
- Experience writing promotional marketing copy;
- Strong understanding of email and social data analytics;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple tasks;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Knowledge/familiarity with the teachings and values of the Catholic Church;
- Excellent grammar and writing skills in English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with SEO;
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro;
- Must be able handle deadlines under pressure and prioritize accordingly;
- Must have a keen eye for detail;
- Candidate must demonstrate time management skills;
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven team player ;
- Bilingual preferred; Spanish (Advanced+).
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.