Position Title: User Experience Digital Designer II
Department: Communications & Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Supervisor
The Communications Team works within the Marketing Department, with the goal of engaging Christian audiences and prospective donors to our mission of delivering food, shelter and hope to the poorest of the poor.
Reporting to the Creative Supervisor and working in close collaboration with the Marketing Team, the User Experience Digital Designer II will be responsible for creating effective and results-driven visual marketing assets for various digital channels. The Designer will also be responsible for adapting and optimizing designed static print materials for various digital campaign needs.
To be successful in this role, candidates should have experience with all forms of digital design, concept creation and innovation. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of visual design and branding, as well as usability and function (Interaction Design).
Candidates must be able to design and create targeted visual marketing design for a variety of audiences while maintaining our ministry’s brand strategy and integrity.
If you are a committed Christian excited by the prospect of working in a faith-infused office environment, participating in daily staff devotions and promoting Christ-centered relief and development projects, send us your resume today!
*** Please include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background ***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce assets quickly, efficiently, and accurately, keeping quality and branding guidelines (style guide) top of mind.
- Create design assets that drive donor acquisition, development and retention metrics across all channels (website landing pages, emails, social media, digital advertising, site banners and more).
- Responsible for maintenance of the ‘look and feel’ of campaigns on all digital assets; ensuring consistency across all channels.
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to conceptualize, execute, manage and prioritize creative campaigns.
- Meet tight deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Select photos and other pertinent material to enhance design.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering final assets to internal and external partners in a timely manner with clear instruction for posting and proper use of art.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate your design choices to internal stakeholders, team, and staff (it is key that you can verbalize why you make the design/creative choices you do).
- Advocate for marketing best practices.
- Contribute to creative brainstorming to produce unique and engaging campaigns.
- Stay informed and aware of the latest trends in design, tech, culture, brands and art.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in social media, communications, marketing or related field, preferably in non-profit development.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience of in-house or digital agency work.
- Fundraising and/or Marketing background preferred.
- 5+ years of professional digital design experience.
- Proven experience designing emails, online banners, and web design.
- Expert level of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD in a PC environment).
- Proficient level knowledge to work within WordPress and Elementor.
- Solid understanding of responsive design and up-to-date with UI/UX best practices.
- Ability to design and develop assets and web pages across platforms and sizes (Desktop, Tablet, Phone).
- Strong understanding of design principles and current design trends and technologies.
- Expert at execution. An exceptional multitasker. Quick, organized, and work with a sense of urgency (time management to meet deadlines).
*** Candidates must submit link to digital portfolio of work completed within the last 18 months and include a brief summary of the role played in the creation of samples provided ***
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CMS platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge/familiarity with imagery that resonates well with a Catholic audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well and efficiently in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Must be able handle deadlines under pressure and prioritize accordingly (time management).
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to embrace constructive feedback and maintain a positive attitude.
- Creative problem solver.
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven, positive team player team player who enjoys collaborating with others to achieve shared goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (minimal, post-COVID).
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.