Position Title: Major Gift Officer
Department: Major Donors
Reports to: International Development Manager
Educational or Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum 5 years of successful fundraising experience for a non-profit or equivalent experience in a related field with field sales or territory management
This regional major gift officer position, aka International Development Officer, is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from major donors in their assigned region through effective identification, cultivation and solicitation. The focus of this position is to identify and deepen long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor interests, passions and values. Position will work from Pompano Beach, FL or remotely.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- A sound working knowledge of fundraising principles
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively with donors and as part of a team.
- Proven success in strategic planning and execution of major gifts campaigns.
- Proven ability to effectively communicating Cross’ major donor projects and goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- Commitment to Christian-based fundraising.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities and ability to work well under pressure.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Database management skills and proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically several times a year for meetings, donor visits and gatherings within assigned regions.
- Ability to accompany donors on international vision/mission trips to visit Cross projects in developing countries.
Duties and responsibilities:
Relationship Management and Solicitation (65%) Act as primary relationship manager for individual donors to reach or exceed annual funding goals; play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts; and meet or exceed the expected level of donor activity each week and month, i.e., number of calls, asks, personal correspondence, personal visits etc.
Cultivation and Stewardship (25%) Actively thank donors for support, welcome new donors to the organization and facilitate access to executive team and other departments.
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation (10%) Uphold set process protocol for organization and department related to donor records and accurate documentation of all interactions with donors.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.