Position Title: Part-time Grant Writer/Administrative Assistant
Department: Foundations and Grants
Reports to: Grants Manager
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience Requirements: Three plus years of grant writing experience or the equivalent
The PT Grant Writer/Administrative Assistant is responsible for researching, writing, and tracking/ reporting on grant proposals in accordance with the Overall Strategic Plan. This position requires strong English writing skills, ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, a strong ability for working with funder databases, ability to communicate with potential funders verbally and in writing, a high level of organization, the ability to “think on your feet,” ability to prepare and understand grant budgets, and an ability to write final grant reporting. The employee must know Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and how to use a scanner and other common computerized office equipment with proficiency. Additionally, administrative assistant duties are required as needed (no more than 5-10% of the time), including data entry, researching donations in the database, handling marketing mail-outs, addressing envelopes, processing expense reports, and running postage. Knowledge of a second language is a plus but is not a requirement. Most importantly, the position requires that the candidate conduct all business in a Christ-like manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Three+ years of grant writing experience or the equivalent;
- Ability to write well, particularly for faith-based, philanthropic audience; ability to synthesize information and communicate in a persuasive, compelling and succinct manner;
- Knowledge of the grant application process and the writing of applications;
- Understanding of grant follow-up reporting. Ability to keep clear, accurate, and up to date records;
- Strong prospect research skills;
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized;
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, databases, and other such as scanners, etc.);
- Ability to work in a fast pace and under deadlines;
- Acceptance of and comfortableness with the mission and vision of the organization and its Christian holistic ministry goals;
- Team player, comfortable with diversity; an openness to understanding the many varied cultures of the developing world; ability to work well with people on all levels of this and other organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing grants in line with our organizational mission as it relates to the goals of partner programs;
- Performing prospect research through varied sources (purchase databases, publications, networking), with appropriate phone and in-person follow-up;
- Performing research on potential foundation/government prospects (giving interests, key board personnel, etc.);
- Preparing grant budgets; understanding how to read budgets and other financial reports;
- Writing and editing grant applications and letters of inquiry, exhibiting strong persuasive writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Submitting grants within established deadlines, working with stakeholders to obtain the necessary information for the submittal;
- Conducting follow up communications (phone and in-person as well as via e-mail) with foundations and government grantors;
- Preparing and submitting thorough follow up monitoring and final evaluation reports to establish program success; comparing results to performance indicators;
- Understanding and working with funder databases, posting necessary information for adequate follow up and for storing, maintaining, and working with funding prospects;
- Sending marketing mail-outs, running postage, and coordinating printing;
- Addressing envelopes;
- Processing expense reports;
- Other duties as required.
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.