Position Title: Prospect Research Associate
Department: Donor Program Services
Reports to: Prospect Research Analyst
Educational or Certification Requirements Bachelor’s degree
Experience Requirements: Demonstrated experience in prospect research, development or library research. Strong understanding of the goals and guiding principles of the fundraising profession and familiarity with databases and data management principles.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Prospect Research Analyst and in collaboration with the entire Donor Program Services team, the Prospect Research Associate, assists in preparing prospect research profiles for potential and identified major gift and high-level annual gift prospects expanding the organization’s major gift efforts in accordance with Cross’ policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- A sound working knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Well-developed writing and research skills
- The ability to prepare clear, concise reports with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Experience in using research resources (Wealth Engine, LexisNexis, Foundation Center, iWave, etc.)
- Familiarity with data mining, prospect screening and other prospect or wealth identification programs.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- Sensitive to and supportive of Christian-based fundraising.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills.
- Database management skills and proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Analysis and writing (50%)
- Compose confidential, in depth profiles on specific individuals, corporations and foundations regarding financial assets, potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest, and other organization affiliations.
- Produce and distribute all ongoing and periodic research and management reports.
Major gift prospect identification (30%)
- Support the information needs of the Major Donor Department by conducting proactive and reactive news and information screenings on current and prospective donors.
- Qualify information from prospect screening programs, monitor daily gift reports and other sources to identify new prospects.
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor funding priorities to help identify potential partners and supporters.
- Track and disseminate news and information about top donors and prospects.
Prospect management (20%)
- Utilize information technology systems, including the donor development database, to record staff assignments, prospect statuses, research data, completed research projects, and implement the research and prospect management plans and goals.
- Help maintain policies, procedures and reporting functions for the prospect research and management program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.