Position Title: Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
The Social Media Specialist will lead Cross Catholic Outreach’s brand presence on all social media platforms. The position will be responsible for building a strong social media strategy to engage and nurture donors and prospects in our global mission to serve the poor. The position can be remote or based in our corporate office located in Pompano Beach, FL and will report to the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated social media strategy to support Cross Catholic Outreach goals.
- Manage all social media platforms, ensuring brand consistency and strength, engaging content, and through-line performance.
- Grow and expand our social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing digital platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and others.
- Develop marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules, that are engaging for Cross Catholic Outreach’s various audiences and lead to end-goal performance expectations.
- Identify and build relationships with Catholic social media influencers and execute influencer-marketing strategies.
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content on Cross Catholic Outreach’s digital platforms.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries and monitor social interactions.
- Define social media KPIs and collect, analyze and regularly report social media engagement and performance.
- Provide training and guidance to internal team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, agencies and media partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Strong professional experience with current and trending social media channels.
- Experience in Catholic and/or Christian marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including editing and proofreading.
- Strong project management skills, prioritization and problem solve quickly under tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy; diplomacy, excellent oral and written communication and editing skills.
- Highly organized, outstanding time and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work well with staff, volunteers and other internal departments.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Marketing research, automation, digital marketing experience required.
- Google Analytics and HubSpot experience preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or business is preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in social media, communications, marketing or related field, preferably in non-profit development.
Application Process: Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.