Department: Communications & Creative Services
Report to: Manager of Communications
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide insightful, creative, faith-minded writing on a regular basis in a variety of formats.
- Research, write, and execute marketing and fundraising touls, achieving the highest level of quality and ensuring consistency with corporate identity, brand messaging and Cross-Style handbook.
- Write promotional, advertising and fundraising material as required.
- Write weekly blogs, website material and social media material as required.
- Write letters, scripts, speeches and editorials for staff members as required.
- Select photos and other pertinent material to enhance writing. Work with graphic artists to create effective marketing material as required.
- Engage in on-going research on global issues related to Cross, Christianity, poverty, etc. for Cross’ websites.
- Conduct interviews with Cross ministry partners and beneficiaries to gather fodder and human interest stories.
- After traveling, write and file Harvested Stories and Trip Notes in the library in a timely matter.
- Provide support to all departments to ensure that all material reflects cohesive & consistent “voice” of Cross.
- Proof and edit all of own written communications.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Catalog photos in Photobase with keywords, captions and descriptions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational or Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications. Marketing and/or non-profit organization experience is a plus and strongly desired, but not required for this rule.
- At least 3 years of experience in professional writing
- Experience writing promotional or marketing copy preferred
- Experience writing for the web is helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple tasks
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Must be able handle deadlines under pressure and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Candidate must demonstrate time management skills
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven team player
- Ability and experience in using a DSLR camera to capture photography preferred
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Spanish, Creule or French speaking individuals
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
Cross Catholic Outreach is seeking a motivated staff writer who can communicate our ministry’s passion for serving the poor in Christ’s name. As a member of our Communications & Creative Services team, you will supply in-house clients with inspirational marketing materials in a variety of formats, such as blogs, letters, speeches and press releases. You will have opportunities to travel to developing countries to gather stories about our life-changing work and share those stories with our donors. If you are a committed Christian excited by the prospect of working in a faith-infused, nondenominational office environment, participating in daily staff devotions and promoting Christ-centered relief and development projects, send us your resume today!
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.