Cross Catholic Outreach is a Catholic non-profit organization in greater Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that helps the poorest of the poor in over 20 countries on four continents in the name of Jesus Christ. This will be a part-time hourly position.
The ideal candidate for this position is creative, curious and drawn to uncovering potential donor interests that align with important nonprofit missions. He/she will be adept with research tools and analysis that produces quality data to influence how leadership prioritizes their time with grant seeking. In this newly created position, you will play an instrumental role with the International Foundations and Grants Department, to advance grant fundraising efforts through the application of actionable information discovered through research and analysis on institutional prospects. Your work will contribute to how our team meets mission goals through prospect identification, sphere of influence analysis (director connections), and also in-depth work such as writing concept papers and white papers to be published on LinkedIn and other social media in alignment with potential funder interest, as a way of opening doors at invitation-only foundations – so writing skills are essential. You will uncover new information and connections critical to locating and “opening doors” at foundations and other institutional funders for our faith-based organization.
The Prospect Research Analyst/Writer can potentially be remote some hours and onsite some hours after an initial period. The number of hours per week we will be targeting is fifteen, and the schedule can be set individually based on the needs of the individual. Ideally the Prospect Research Analyst/Writer will be able to work a standard schedule on a weekly basis.
Internal projects and reports to the Information Technology Director.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with database management – Foundation Search, GrantHub, and also NETForum and Wealth Engine are our current databases.
- Knowledge of current trends in the Prospect Development field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong writing skills.
This position is responsible for researching foundations that fit our ministry, identifying those that are a fit, and then performing deeper research into directors on boards. Once affinity areas of interest are identified, the Prospect Research Analyst/Writer would develop white papers on related topics and post them on LinkedIn, social media, and other venues. The overall goal would be to generate interest in our organization among like-minded foundations that are otherwise closed to unsolicited requests, as a way to “open doors” so that we can submit grant applications.
The position would also research relevant conferences where foundations attend, to develop a “speaker circuit” in terms of having our principals speak at relevant conferences. In this way, we can garner interest in our organization in the hopes of catalyzing interaction among foundation presidents, and ideally, be approached by potential funder foundation principals to open doors for funding. The Prospect Research Analyst/Writer would identify the conferences, identify relevant topics on which to speak, and coordinate the membership, conference fee payment and travel for the principals. In some cases there may be travel to the conference sites.
This position requires strong research skills, strong English writing skills, ability to work with persons on all levels of the organization, an ability for working with databases, an understanding of social media/LinkedIn, a high level of organization, and overall business maturity. Creativity in terms of where to look for leads and uncovering relevant links and information is necessary as well. Most importantly, the position requires that the candidate conduct all business in a Christ-like manner, with the mind and heart of Christ.
The Candidate need not be Catholic to work for Cross Catholic Outreach; however a comfortableness for working with a faith-based organization is required. We have a committed and diverse staff of employees, Catholic and Evangelical/Protestant that support our mission. Our main address is in Boca Raton; however we have a satellite office in Pompano Beach, and this is where the position would be located.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience generating reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience with current technology – databases, MS Office, others.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in international development, Catholic funders, or relevant topics would be a plus.
- Ability to write well, particularly for a faith-based audience; ability to synthesize information and communicate in a persuasive, compelling and succinct manner.
- Acceptance of and comfortableness with the mission and vision of the organization and its Christian holistic ministry goals.
- Team player; comfortable with diversity; ability to work well with people on all levels of this and other organizations.
Please submit your resume by email to HR@CrossCatholic.org and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your spiritual background.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our web site to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.