Cross Catholic Outreach, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking Roman Catholic priests in good standing, who might have some weekends during the year (which would not impact their duties within their Diocese or their ministries), to join our “Outreach Priest” Speakers Program. Through this effort, priests speak in U.S. churches nationwide, sharing the Gospel and educating the U.S. faithful about the needs of the poor throughout the developing world. Outreach Priests join our ministry with the understanding that their role as ministry ambassadors extends beyond parish speaking.
Our identity as a Catholic organization and the full expression of Catholic ministry requires priests who possess and demonstrate the following criteria:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Native or near native Spanish speakers with a good command of the English language are highly desired and needed
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Possess some mission experience
- Permission from your Bishop or Major Superior
- Able to work a minimum of 1 (one) weekend per month
- Understanding of and support for Catholic Social Teaching
Perhaps you have some doubts if you would be called to this kind of ministry? We offer homiletics training, so you will be well-prepared for such ministry. Below is a personal story from one of our Outreach Priests, in which he describes how working for our ministry has impacted his life and of the many blessings he has received through preaching on behalf of the suffering Christ in our world.